Council Meeting Minutes: January

By January 9, 2019 September 1st, 2019 Latest News

Members Council Meeting : Tuesday 8th January 2019

Minutes

  1. Members attendance.
    • Present :

Chris Jones (Club Captain)           Dawn Thompson (Lady Captain)       Nigel Davies (Vice Captain)

Gareth Roberts (Competition Organiser)              Don Wraight (Seniors Captain)

Irwin Elkin (Handicap Secretary)             Jane Evans (Juniors Organiser)

  • Apologies :

Bob Brown (Club President)        Dave Riley (Secretary)

Christine Evans (Treasurer)           Josh Green (Clays General Manager)

  1. Minutes of previous meeting held on 13th November 2018 :

Proposed as a true record by GR, seconded by DW. Minutes accepted and signed by Captain. 

  1. Management Update

JG has submitted additional dates for the club calendar. ND to liaise with JG re “Opens Week”, including putting details on the Golf Empire website. 

  1. Matters arising from previous meeting

Item 12 : The Council have called an EGM, to be held on Tuesday, 12th February 2019, in order to put to members the following proposal as an amendment to the members’ constitution :

  1. Only full 7-Day paying members may serve on the Club Council or hold any Club Office.
  2. Only full 7-Day paying members are eligible to vote at the club AGM.

DW to circulate details to all members via the BRS system.

  1. Mens section

The Quarterly Medal was held on Saturday, 1st December. Winner was Michael Ryan and Paul Williams was runner-up.

Paul Williams and Angela Thomas Williams won the Christmas Mixed competition held on 25th Nov.

Iwan Bonds and Ian Connell were presented with the Jubilee Plate at the DGU AGM held on Wednesday, 12th December at Denbigh GC.  ND was presented with the DGU League Division 1 trophy, which has now been placed in the Clays trophy cabinet. Minutes of the DGU 2018 AGM have been posted on the noticeboard. The DGU have called an informal meeting at Denbigh GC on 25th January 2019 for club representatives to discuss procedures for 2019.

Catering arrangements and tee times have been booked for the four 2019 DGU League matches. The sheet containing dates of matches and requests for expressions of interest from members to take part in these matches has been posted on the noticeboard.

Dave Palferman has agreed for his name to be put forward for the 2019/20 vice-captaincy, proposed by BB and seconded by GR.                                                                                                                                               

  1. Senior section                                                                                                

The January Seniors Stableford medal was held on 3rd January :

Division One :

1st             Ernie Williams  40 points        2nd  Tom McGrady 40 points

Division Two :

1st             Malcolm Williams 41 points   2nd  Mike Healey 41 points

DW commented that the course is looking great for January, top marks to the green staff, always active and improving the course every day. Section pretty quiet at this time of year, but Kitty comps are still having 40 or so turning up to play.

  1. Ladies section : Nothing to report 
  1. Junior Section : Details have been distributed to Junior members of the Junior Girls competition. 
  1. Competition & Handicap sub-committee

GR : Details and entry forms for the Wales Golf & other external competitions for 2019 will be distributed shortly. Most team captains will remain the same as in 2018.

The new Club Honours Board entry forms for 2019 are ready for distribution. A note regarding the new local rules will be added to the competition information sheets.

IE : The PC in the committee office needs attention. Council to consider the purchase of a replacement hard drive. GR to investigate.

There will be a Handicap Committee meeting on Thursday 10th January at 7pm.

  1. Social sub-committee

The Captain’s’ “Last Supper” Evening will take place on Friday 29th March. Tickets will cost £25 per person, which covers catering costs and contributes to the hire of the disco. BB to invite representatives from this year’s charities to the evening so that final cheques for money raised can be handed out by the captains. DW to produce poster advertising the event.

Hayley is currently planning a St. Valentine’s Day event.

  1. Financial report

Nothing to report.

  1. Correspondence

No correspondence. 

  1. Any other business :
  2. It is noted that DT and JE won the Ladies Betterball Pairs competition but did not receive any monetary prize, even though their entry money had been paid, which does not accord with previous Council meeting decisions. This to be rectified by Council Treasurer.
  3. GR to arrange for the Club Captains’ and Presidents’ name plates to be brought up to date.
  • GR to purchase club badges and ties, as required.
  1. Some members have enquired about the possibility of men using the on-course lockable toilet. Captain to liaise with management to investigate possible alternative provision.
  2. Confirmation that a previous Council decision was agreed to pay 50% of the annual cost of the HowDidIDo system from 2019 onwards.
  3. DR to prepare documents for the 2019 Club AGM, including requests for nominations for membership of the Council and Officers for 19/20 and invitations to members to submit proposals for discussion at the AGM. These documents to be posted on the noticeboard at least 28 days prior to the AGM on 30th March. 
  1. Date of next meeting – Tuesday 12th February 2019 following the EGM. 

Nigel Davies (Vice Captain)