Council Meeting Minutes: April

By April 13, 2019 Members, Monthly News

Minutes of Club Council Meeting held on Tuesday 9th April 2019

 Present: Club Captain – Nigel Davies, President – Gareth Roberts, Vice Captain – Dave Palferman, Treasurer – Christine Evans,Competition Secretary – Graham Davidson Clarke, Handicap Secretary – Irwin Elkin, Secretary – Dave Riley, Seniors Captain – Don Wraight

Apologies: Lady Captain – Dawn Thompson, Juniors Rep – Jane Evans

Minutes of last meeting: These were approved and signed by the Captain. The Minutes will be placed on the Notice Board

Matters Arising:

  • Life Belts by Ponds – Chris Jones
  • Jubilee Plate – DP now has details, Clays details are missing, DP to contact John Leigh
  • 2018 Past Captains – Cancelled due to bad weather, date to be re arranged
  • Captain’s Last Supper – Great Success – Provisional date booked with DJ for March 2020
  • AGM – Minutes and Constitution changes to be done
  • Defibrillator – Replacement to be reviewed. JG volunteered to check on a Monthly basis, ND to provide a sign off sheet

Management Report:

Memebers renewal due out shortly, JG provided a sample letter, which we need to include a paragraph re Levies. IE to review with JG. Also BRS e mail will go out

Approval from Bill has been received for the provision of lockers. 22 lockers will be situated in the old club repair room. £104 for 2 years, big enough to fit a cart bag.

Greens have been hollowtined and sanded. Work on the bore holes/drainage for the 2nd and 16th will commence in May. 11th Green work will commence in September

Mens Section:

Iwan Bonds and Paul Williams(PW sub for Paul Lloyd) lost 6 & 5 in to Victory Foursomes against Wrexham at Llangollen. Played off scratch against a +4 and +2 pairing

Ping Mixed Round 1 is on 26th April vs Abersoch at Conway

Annodata Team A is at High Leigh 14th April

Annodata Team B had a bye

R Collier and D Palferman lost 2 & 1 in the Daily Mail Foursomes to a pair from Plassey

Seniors Section:

Seniors match against Holywell was cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather and will be rearranged in June.

Match against Hawarden on the 19th ended in a loss 7½ – 2½

Home match with Mold resulted in a win 7-3. Course was in great condition and Hayley presented us with an excellent Beef carvery. Enjoyed by all, with lots of compliments.

Played Henlle on the 3rs April in miserable conditions, sleet, wind and cold. Lost 7½ – 2½

Due to course maintenance fixture list for April and the April medal which incorporates the 1st round of the Eclectic have been rearranged.

Winter League this year was won by Alan Bottomley and presentation to be held on the 16th.

More planting and cleaning up around the tree going to the 5th hole has been started together with shrub and bark chips by the fence near to 13th green.

Commendations from all Seniors to Mark and team in the condition of the course.

Visiting other courses in the area highlights just how good these guys are.

Ladies section:

Nothing to report

Junior section:

CE to discuss GUW DBS checks costs with JE

Competition Secretary:

GR provided the received fees for the Honours Boards Competitions to CE

Discussion held re – Honours Board Entry figures and how to boost number, Seniors, Adults etc to be reviewed

Handicap Secretary:

Handicap Review –    Paul Williams – Reduction of 1 shot

Shaun Powell – Reduction of 1 shot  

Social Sub Committee:

Meeting to be held 30th April @18:30

Attendees – Gareth Roberts, Nigel Davies, Russ Adamson, Dave Palferman, Dawn Thompson or Christine Evans and Dave Riley 

Treasurers Report:

CE provided Financial Reports for 31st March

A discussion was held re financing of Scratch League Food and Inter Club Competitions. It was decided to continue this year but review contributions/ fund raising for next year

A discussion was held re the portaloo and the associated cost. JG to discuss with Bill re Halfway House/ Toilets to increase the on course facilities with support/ contribution from the members

CE asked for GR and DP to be added to the Signatories on the Bank Account

Correspondence

Nothing received 

AOB:

Levies – A discussion was held re Levies/ Shortfall and collection. DR to enter on line details of member numbers onto the GUW portal. Agreed numbers – Men 167, Ladies 26, Boys 0, Girls 0

Captain’s Drive in – Overall Winner – Jane Evans, Men’s winner – Vic Mohun,

Diary Review – Captain is going to establish a Newsletter which will contain Diary information. A review was held and a number of dates were changed/altered.

Full Width Tees – Suggestion put forward to use the full width of the Tee as presently adopted at Wrexham. This seems provide better durability of the Tee as people use the full width

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 9th April 2019 @18.30