Last Updated: 01/05/2021
COVID-19 Updates & Information
Welcoming you back safely to Clays Golf
We hope the following information will help you with your upcoming visit to Clays Golf and answer some frequently asked questions. It includes the latest updates about which of our facilities are open and which are set to return at a future date.
You will also find details about the measures we have taken to protect the safety of members, visitors and staff. These procedures will be shaped further by Government guidelines and regulations, and will continue to evolve in response to any changes in the guidance.
We are pleased to tell you that we are now open to both members and visitors in-line with Welsh Government Guidance.
For everyone’s safety please continue to read and adhere to the guidance that we have set out below so that we can continue to promote a safe environment for golf at Clays. If you have any questions regarding the guidance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following facilities are now OPEN
18 Hole Golf Course & Putting Green, Driving Range, Clubhouse Toilets, Golf Shop, Bar & Restaurant (Outside Catering Only).
The following facilities are CLOSED
Indoor Putting Studio & Short Game Area.
- We are now accepting one balls, two balls, three balls and four balls from a mixture of up to 6 households.
Prior To Your Round
- Please check in for your round of golf at the golf reception located at the front of the Clubhouse at least ten minutes before your tee time.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park before your round.
- Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Scorecards are available. There are also a number of scorecard apps on a smartphone you can also download to record your score.
Whilst On the Golf Course
- Ensure you are social distancing with your playing partners and other golfers throughout the golf course.
- Always leave the flag in the hole. DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAG.
- All of our cups are now fitted with a device to retrieve your ball from the cup. Once your ball is holed. Simply lift up the ball retriever using your putter and your ball will come out.
- All bunker rakes have been removed from the golf course. You can take a preferred lie within 6 inches, no closer to the hole. Please smooth the sand over after you have played your shot using your feet or club.
- All golf ball cleaners will be unavailable. Golfers are advised to wipe their own golf balls on their towel.
- Only pick your own ball up.
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders.
- Don’t shake hands before or after your game.
For emergencies whilst out on the golf course please dial 999.
After Your Round
- The shoe cleaner will be unavailable.
Booking is not required. On arrival, you will need to collect a sanitised basket and tee peg from the golf reception. Please return them once you have finished to be re-sanitised.
Strictly only one person per bay at any one time. One spectator per bay allowed only if you are with a child.
Pay By Card
As usual, you can add credit to your Top Up Card or Membership Card at the Golf Reception by contactless or card payment only. To set up a top up card, simply visit the golf reception upon arrival. A minimum first top up of £10 is required.
Pay by Cash
Our driving range machine also accepts £2 coins, £1 coins, 50p’s, 20p’s and 10p’s. To help stop the spread of the virus, please ensure you bring your own change with you.
In accordance with Government guidelines, all members and visitors are required to register their contact details with us before using our facilities. When booking a tee time you will be asked for your contact details.
It is compulsory for people over the age of 11 to wear a face covering in public indoor spaces. This includes our golf shop and all indoor public areas of our clubhouse.
Face coverings are optional when entering or whilst using the driving range.
Please ensure you keep 2 metres distance from others when using our facilities.
Please ensure you sanitise your hands whilst using any of our facilities.
Please ensure you are a wearing face covering when using our indoor facilities.
Protect yourself and others. Do not visit us if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus.