Commitee Meeting Minutes: October

By October 1, 2018 January 1st, 2019 Members, Monthly News

Clays Golf Club

Minutes of Club Council Meeting held on Tuesday 9th October 2018 

Present: Club Captain -Chris Jones, President – Bob Brown, Vice Captain – Nigel Davies, Seniors Captain – Don Wraight, Treasurer – Bill Kelleher, Juniors Rep – Jane Evans, Secretary – Dave Riley

Apologies: Lady Captain

Minutes of last meeting: These were approved and signed by the Captain. There were no matters arising.

Management Report: No report received

Mens Section:

Clays had two pairs taking part in this year’s DGU Jubilee Plate Semi-Finals and Final Day held at Wrexham GC on Sunday, 7th October. Unfortunately they were drawn against each other in the Semi with Iwan Bonds and Ian Connell defeating Gareth Roberts and Paul Stevenson.  Iwan and Ian went on to win the Final v a pair from Llangollen GC 6&4. Gareth and Paul tied for 3rd place. Many congratulations to all.

Graham Davidson Clarke and Jane Evans will be representing Clays in the Ping Mixed Plate at Aberdoch on Monday 8th.

The DGU meeting was held on Wednesday, 3rd October at Denbigh GC. Matters discussed included upcoming changes in a number of positions on the committee and issues around the County Scratch Team this year. It has been decided that three members of Llangollen GC will take over the running of the team and they will be liaising with Category 1 players at each club in the county.

In future, minutes from the DGU meetings will be placed on the Clays DGU notice board for information to club members, as well as posters highlighting details of Spring and Autumn meetings etc.

ND will organise dates, tee times and catering arrangements for the four 2019 matches.

Polo shirts embossed with the Clays club logo are available for sale/ordering in Reception. ND to look into possibility of members of the 2019 DGU Squad purchasing new team shirts.

Seniors Section:

Senior Match against Henlle – Clays lost Henlle 4 ½ to Clays 3 ½

Ladies section:

Australian Spoon – Bev Hood and Vicky urlong Hart won – Congratulation

Purvis Cup – Bev Hood and Dave Riley won – Congratulation

Junior section:

Nothing to report

Competition Secretary:

Presentation Night Preparation underway

Handicap Secretary: 

Discussion held regarding 2019 Calendar. ND presented a version of the Calendar going forward. IE requested an Excel Version for Competition Entry. DR provided a simplified version which can be used for Competitions going forward but JG needs the Excel version with dates to download into the HowDidIDo system. DR requested a Sub Committee just to ensure everything that is required by each Section is entered then DR will provide the Excel Version for download 

Social Sub Committee:

Race Night clashes with the Presentation Night so has to be scrapped for now. New date to be planned

A discussion was held regarding the Charity Cheque presentation and when it should be held. Prior to AGM in March 19 was suggested. Captain to review

Treasurers Report:

BK provided a report and reported no major issues

DGU fees are due next March 19

Competition Prizes – There is a short fall in the competition entry fees in relation to the Competition Prizes ie Not enough entrants to cover the prizes. It was decided that the club will pay the same prizes as last year. The Competition Form is to be amended to state the prizes will be subject to the number of entrants

Honorariums are due to be paid. All agreed that where tasks have been shared across a number of people they will be shared with their counterparts

AOB:

Nothing to report

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.20pm.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 13th November 2018