Looking for a career in golf? Become part of the Clays Golf team today. Take a look at the current job opportunites below and send us your CV if you feel you are right for the role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Greenkeeping position at Clays Golf. In addition to having the appropriate greenkeeping knowledge and skills, the successful candidate must be enthusiastic who has a fine eye for detail. The role is a on a full-time basis, requiring early morning starts and weekend work (3/4 days through the week and Saturday and Sunday).
- Mowing/cutting turf using specialist ride-on machines, tractors and hand mowers.
- Treating turf to ensure consistent playing surfaces.
- Using environmentally friendly treatments to control weeds, fungal diseases and pests when instructed to do so.
- Renovating/maintaining bunkers and other hazards such as water features.
- Removing early morning dew and debris from the greens.
- Repairing wear and tear caused by golfers and animals such as moles and rabbits.
- Applying irrigation.
- Cutting new holes on the greens.
- Planting and pruning trees and shrubs as required.
- Operating and maintaining machinery and tools.
Key requirements for the role:
- Previous greenkeeping experience – 2 years minimum.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to integrate into a small team.
- A flexible and positive approach to work.
- A willingness to undertake a wide variety of duties.
- A good understanding of current Health and Safety regulations.
- A basic knowledge of golf and golfing etiquettes.
- Must be able to start early mornings and work weekends.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
Job type: Full-time (35-40 hours per week).
Salary: Dependant on experience.
To apply for this role, please fill out our job application form below.